The 5 P’s to Exude During Your Job Search
1. Positive: Don’t let your emotions get the best of you and be willing to learn from others who can help.
2. Proactive: Leadership candidates with the best sense for the transferability of their skills and experience to new industry environments are in the best position to surface new career opportunities.
3. Passionate: Show others you still love what you do, or demonstrate passion for where you’d next like to be.
4. Patient: In order to make a move in this environment, you have to demonstrate flexibility and adopt a long-range view. That’s how your performance will be measured — not in the short-term.
5. Persistent: Keep the momentum; follow your strategic plan; and remember how today’s environment reinforces the idea of building your network during better economic times.