Your JSMP is a dynamic, action oriented plan that helps you set realistic and meaningful daily, weekly and monthly goals. This plan is critical to your career management and CONDUCTING A PROFESSIONAL JOB SEARCH CAMPAIGN.
Be prepared to BRIEFLY inform your contacts what you’re up to and what you’re looking for…then step back. “I don’t want to monopolize your time! How about if I give you a call in a few days to see what suggestions you might be able to give me.” When you do call, you’ve “primed the pump,” so to speak, and you won’t feel awkward reintroducing yourself to people you haven’t been close with recently.
Note: Selling Sucks! Marketing is Sexy!
A client once told me she was a “marketing idiot.” What she really needed, she said, was the “world’s simplest marketing plan.” So I set out to create one for her. Here’s what it looked like:
1. Make a list of everyone you know.
2. Tell those people about your business.
3. Ask if they’d like to find out more about it.
4. Tell the interested people more and create advocates to refer you.
5. When you get to the end of the list, contact everyone again.
1. LEVEL OF CONFIDENCE – Beginning with the way the candidate walks into the room; their presence and body language; whether or not they initiate the handshake; the firmness of that handshake; ability to maintain eye contact and the self-assurance to permit their personality to shine through; remembering to smile.
Discover the Top 4 Decision-Making Criteria to Avoid Accepting the Wrong Job
When an executive leader is compelled to make a decision on whether he or she wants to work for a new company and accept an offer of employment, many different reasons (good and bad) come to mind. When faced with this all important career decision the best way to address this process is to break your decision into four critical sub-parts:
It is often said, “If you love what you do – you’ll never work a day in your life!”
Here are my thoughts on owning my own business…
1) There are more great business ideas out there than great businesses. The difference is in the people, the execution, the timing, commitment and passion to make a difference in peoples’ lives.