Here is a great way to get a jump on all the networking contacts you never knew you had. It puts things in proper perspective and makes you think about your daily challenges and the activity you need to have to land your next job.
Take this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world?
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners?
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest?
4. Name three people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize?
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress?
6. Name the last five teams that won the Super Bowl?
How did you do?
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. List three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. List five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. List a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. List five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. List half a dozen alumni that you sent Christmas cards to last year.
Easier? The lesson? The people who make a difference in your life are
NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones who care and are willing to help YOU! These are also the people you need to include in your networking and job search activities and they are only a phone call away!
Job Security is the Ability to Secure a Job!